Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Welcome to the Jungle!

Welcome, welcome. Grab a cup of tea, put your feet up and settle in for a read, would you?

I tried about half a dozen times to edit my "about me" section, but I keep getting a code that I think stands for "This is us telling you to get off our domain." This is, to reiterate the blog description, a combi-blog. I'm an aspiring author and I've been writing short stories and poetry since first grade...which isn't to say that I still have all of that writing packed away some where. A lot of it went mysteriously missing and I suspect my mother has something to do with it. She likes to spring clean which means throwing every bit of paper that isn't a receipt or bill out once a year.

I also happen to be a self-taught knitter so this blog will have a posts about writing and posts about knitting. Mostly knitting, though, if we'll be honest. I love to share all the little tidbits and tricks I pick up as I continue to learn and my Facebook friends are no longer interested in reading my millionth status update in one week about my "super fabulous gauge swatching skillz!!!"

I'm also hoping to throw in posts about books because I do enjoy reading (I think it's a given with any aspiring author), whether they are non-fiction knitting books or novels that I've read recently. There will also probably be a lot of posts about books that I *want* to read, with hopes that people will comment with their opinions. I like to have different perspectives other than mine crowding my head when I'm perusing the local library/bookstore/Amazon. :D

So...just popping in for a friendly chat, a few hellos and an invitation to please feel free to comment until your fingertips get callused and numb. I love to read and respond and I'm looking forward to building a good following!

No comments:

Post a Comment